Tuesday 7 June 2022

Five stars for content, zero stars for book binding (0/5)





























Like other reviewers, my copy started to come apart as soon as I started to look through it. To be honest, I think the number of pages and the thickness of the paper really required a hardbound book, it's really too heavy as a paperback. I was thinking of junking the book as the cover had come off and signatures were almost broken, but I used some of that thick glue used to stick paper and cardboard and it seems to have worked so far.

The contents, as expected, are quite fascinating. The chunky serif types from five countries are revealed: America; Italian; French; Dutch; British; German. Pages and pages of type specimen books from each country's type founders mixed in with lots of examples of the type in commercial use. 

As the binding is useless I would try and find the cheapest copy you can on the net.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment