Friday 2 September 2022

Eye candy for the DIY fan (5/5)





























I had a relative who would have loved this book. He didn't believe his garage was for the family car but a workshop for him to make and repair stuff. He had a huge pinboard wall with all his tools clipped onto the right place (I bet he might have found a space for this book on the board). I could imagine him flicking through the pages and saying "Yeah, got one of those" or, maybe, "That one looks interesting for some jobs. I ought to buy one."

I bought the book basically because I liked the excellent design (publication designers do that sort of thing). The publishers DK have really gone to town to produce a visually stimulating book. It was a clever idea to create still-life pictures by laying all tools out on colored paper and photographing them from above with space left for the headings and text.

I do wonder though who the book is aimed at. Excellent as a tools reference book in an educational library but really eye candy for DIY folk though nicely it can be picked online for virtually next to nothing (the postage will probably cost more).

No comments:

Post a Comment